Hi folks!

Just wanted to ask you all what your fave Sci-Fi movies are and let you know mine! I can't pick a favourite as they all have very different flavours, but here's a few! I know a lot of things are covered by the Sci-Fi genre, but my mind will always go straight to aliens & spaceships when I think of Sci-Fi! 

The Thing (1982). Possibly a perfect film, and covers not just Sci-Fi but horror and suspense too. Pretty amazing! And that score too, incredible!

Flash Gordon (1980). Still a totally unique stand alone world in movie form. I saw this very young (I was terrified of the wood beast!) and just fell in love with it. SO colourful, so over the top and again... you can't really beat a score by Queen! This also happens to be Matt's favourite film.

The Fifth Element (1997). Very colourful, incredible costumes, creature designs and sets. It does suffer somewhat from the 'born sexy yesterday' trope, but I can give it a pass, it's still entertaining.

District 9 (2009). Least favourite of these but such a clever movie and so well done.

Dune & Dune Part 2 (2021+). I need to stop adding movies now (!), but had to mention these. I know they've split opinion, but I loved the size of them and the design, the score, everything. I think I preferred part 1. 

Those are my three top Sci-Fi movie choices,

What are yours?

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 3