Hey everyone,

Thanks for reading this and joining me for a journey across The Big Sea. My name is Martyn and I wanted to give you a quick overview of why this campaign, what it is and maybe show you the human side of creators like me.

The Big Sea came about after a cancer scare I had in 2021 and in to 2022, I had a large lump appear on my arm and the doctors, hospital and other medical staff were concerned as it has all the characteristics of a rare vascular cancer. I had to wait several months to have it removed and sent off for tests, this was the scariest time of my life and it really got me thinking.

The Lump which grew fairly large

I am fine now, thankfully but after losing a grandparent to ‘The Big C’ and her not really talking about her experience and me doing the same, it got me thinking and I wanted to create an aid or tool that families could use to open up and create discussions around topics like this.

With the help of Peter from The Story Engine and the artist The Mico, what you see today is that, a book which (I HOPE) will help many families.

Since late 2016 I have worked in the boardgame industry and I am so happy 15 publishers or so have come on board and said they will donate money to a charity close to them for every book sold, So until we reach 1000 books, £10 per book sold will be split and donated to various Charites.  

Thanks for reading and I am here to answer any questions you may have :)
user avatar image for Martyn Poole

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 14