Hey Boom! Studios. I'm a big fan of Dune and these prequel graphic novels are something I'd normally immediately purchase or back. I just wanted to bring to your attention chatter amongst Dune fans that I've seen in various (private) Dune Facebook groups as well as Reddit. The overwhelming consensus is that people seem to love your books you have here but think they are way over priced. Case in point, the msrp is $50 for the hardback collector's edition graphic novels of Dune 1, volumes 1 and 2, and that includes a slip case. Both of these are currently discounted directly from Amazon for another 35% or so off. Your currently pricing the individual slip cased books at $125 which is more than double the books I just mentioned. That's quite a steep price difference without seeing much value in return to justify that much higher price. I'm not trying to sound antagonistic or offensive with this post. I want to see this be successful but at your current pricing structure I just don't see it happening very much beyond what you've done so far, which isn't very much. These books need to be priced at $50 with the slip case. I look forward to hearing your thoughts if you wish to share them. I'd personally recommend terminating this campaign and restarting it in a couple months with a new pricing structure. Good luck!

user avatar image for BOOM! Studios

Twitter

Facebook

Copy Link

Comments 5